Our professional services team advises commercial clients on real estate issues that arise from landlord and tenant law, construction, dispute resolution, rent review and valuation.
The team specialises in:
- Lease extension and enfranchisement
- Valuation for loan security, accounts, probate and tax
- Building surveying: surveys, dilapidations, construction monitoring, fire insurance valuations and refurbishments
- Landlord and tenant: rent review, lease renewal, lease restructuring, dilapidations
- Expert witness: advice on dispute resolution, ability to appear in arbitrations, mediations and court in most real estate disputes
- Business rates: advice to occupiers on rating liabilities and negotiation rateable values to secure rates savings
- Marine surveying: valuations, rent review, lease renewal, expert witness advice on all coastal property types.
The team provides commercial property services from five offices around the country: London, Sevenoaks, Southampton, Taunton and Salisbury.
Vauxhall Bondway, London
Chesterton Humberts provided valuation advice to the owners of a self-storage facility that had development potential for a 300,000sq ft mixed use scheme and a gross development value in excess of £200m.
Marlborough Court, Pembroke Road, London
Chesterton Humberts represented the tenant company on the purchase of the freehold at the Lands Tribunal, saving in excess of £600,000 from the terms quoted by the freeholder. Chesterton Humberts is retained to advise the freehold tenant owning company.