We use extensive local knowledge and expertise to help you let your property and provide peace of mind. Experienced in the lettings market, our team offers assistance, feedback and advice throughout the entire lettings process.
A comprehensive, first-class service that includes:
- Organising maintenance and emergency repairs to an agreed financial limit
- Access to a portfolio of approved contractors with competitive pricing from our economies of scale
- Organising and monitoring annual regulatory safety checks
- Advice on relevant legislation and action taken on landlord's behalf when necessary
- Recommendations on property marketing including refurbishment service
- Management of rent accounting and other financial issues
- Paying routine outgoings
- Chasing tenants for rental payments and preparing rent statements for you/your accountant
- Corresponding with utilities and other service providers
- Arranging check-in and checkout inventories
- Agreeing and negotiating dilapidations at the end of the tenancy
- Preparing the property for re-letting
We help you find the most cost effective approach to ensure a property can achieve its optimum income potential and minimize void periods.
Property investment: buy-to-let
We help clients looking for an investment property to assess and select the properties likely to give the best return.
Our experts also have extensive knowledge of how to present a property to maximum advantage. They can advise on all aspects - from paint colour to snagging.
We also provide an ‘Introduction’ and ‘Letting and Rent Collection’ Service.
The Chesterton Humberts approach
We market your property strategically, using different media, to find suitable tenants as efficiently as possible. We arrange viewings at suitable times and accompany prospective tenants on viewings (unless otherwise agreed).
You will be informed of all offers received on the property and once you have agreed an offer we obtain all relevant references on your behalf. If you are satisfied with the references, we will prepare the relevant type of Tenancy Agreement for both you and the tenant to sign.
Landlords also benefit from our excellent contacts with the corporate market and relocation agents through our Corporate Services Department. This enables Chesterton Humberts to secure blue-chip tenants with the aim of maximising return for its clients.